1 package mint tea (loose or in tea bags)
4 to 6 cups water (depending on how many people are being served)
1. Bring water to a boil.
2. If using loose tea, measure 1 teaspoon of tea leaves into a teapot for each person being served.
3. Otherwise, place one tea bag per person into the teapot.
4. Pour boiling water over tea.
5. Allow to steep (soak) for about 3 minutes.
6. Pour tea into cups. (In Egypt, small glass tumblers are used.)
7. If loose tea is used, allow the tea leaves to settle to the bottom of the pot, and pour carefully to avoid disturbing them.
8. Add 4 or 5 teaspoonsful of sugar to each cup.
9. Enjoy with a piece of baklava, purchased from a bakery.
Serves 4 to 6.
Was this article helpful?