Moravia is an eastern region in the Czech Republic.
1/3 cup molasses
3 Tablespoons shortening
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
V2 teaspoon each cinnamon, ground ginger, baking soda, and salt cup flour, more if needed
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine molasses, shortening, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, and salt.
2. Add flour, a little at a time, to form dough.
3. Cover with plastic wrap or foil and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
5. Divide dough into 4 balls, and keep covered with a damp towel.
6. On a lightly floured surface, roll each ball, one at a time, to about Vk-inch thick (very thin).
7. Cut into desired shapes using cookie cutters or rim of a glass and place on greased cookie sheet.
8. Bake about 6 minutes, until lightly browned.
Was this article helpful?