Moravia is an eastern region in the Czech Republic.
1/3 cup molasses
3 Tablespoons shortening
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
V2 teaspoon each cinnamon, ground ginger, baking soda, and salt cup flour, more if needed
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine molasses, shortening, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, and salt.
2. Add flour, a little at a time, to form dough.
3. Cover with plastic wrap or foil and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
5. Divide dough into 4 balls, and keep covered with a damp towel.
6. On a lightly floured surface, roll each ball, one at a time, to about Vk-inch thick (very thin).
7. Cut into desired shapes using cookie cutters or rim of a glass and place on greased cookie sheet.
8. Bake about 6 minutes, until lightly browned.
Was this article helpful?
Curb Sugar Cravings Once And For All With These Powerful Techniques. Sugar sensitive people might be low in specific neurochemicals that help us feel calm, centered, confident, and optimistic. Sugar is a drug that temporarily makes the sugar sensitive feel better, but with damaging consequences.