2 ripe red tomatoes 1 head of iceberg lettuce Radishes, sliced thin
1 white onion
V cup olive oil
2 Tablespoons white vinegar
2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice 2 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon salt
V teaspoon pepper
1. Cut the tomatoes into wedges.
2. Cut the onion in thin slices.
3. Break up the lettuce by hand.
4. Toss all the ingredients together with the radishes. Place all the vegetables in the refrigerator to chill.
5. In a separate bowl, mash the garlic with the salt and pepper.
6. Add the olive oil, vinegar, and lemon juice to the crushed garlic. Whisk together thoroughly.
7. Just before serving, gradually add the dressing, a little at a time, while you toss the salad with a large salad fork.
8. Add just enough dressing to cover the salad. Add more dressing, to taste.
Was this article helpful?