Yield: 4 qt (4L) Portions: 16 Portion size: 8floz (250 mL) U.S. Metric Ingredients
3/4 cup 1S floz
1S0 mL 540 mL
Wild rice, washed and drained Water
Onion, chopped fine Carrot, cut brunoise Flour
2. Heat the butter in a heavy saucepot over moderate heat.
3. Add the onion and carrot and cook slowly for a few minutes until the vegetables start to become tender.
4. Add the flour. Stir to combine the flour with the butter to make a roux. Cook the roux for a few minutes, but do not let it start to brown.
41/2 pt 2250 mL Chicken stock, hot 5.
12 oz 375 g Mushrooms, sliced
112 pt 750 mL Milk, hot 10.
to taste to taste Salt 11.
to taste to taste White pepper 12.
12 floz 375 mL Heavy cream, hot as needed as needed Chopped parsley
Gradually beat in the stock, using a whip to blend the stock smoothly with the roux. Bring to a boil, stirring with the whip until the stock thickens.
Simmer until the vegetables are completely tender and the soup has no taste of raw flour. Skim the soup carefully.
While the soup is simmering, heat the butter in a sauté pan. Sauté the mushrooms.
After the soup has been skimmed, add the mushrooms.
Stir the hot milk into the soup.
Add the cooked wild rice from step 1. Simmer 2-3 minutes.
Season to taste with salt and white pepper.
13. At service time, stir in the cream.
14. Garnish the top of each portion with a sprinkling of chopped parsley.
Calories, 380; Protein, 7 g; Fat, 29 g (68% cal.); Cholesterol, 90 mg; Carbohydrates, 24 g; Fiber, 2 g; Sodium, 160 mg.
Was this article helpful?
Make a plan If you want to lose weight, you need to make a plan for it. Planning involves setting your goals both short term and long term ones. With proper planning, you would be able to have an effective guide on the steps that you want to take, towards losing pounds of weight. Aside from that, it would also keep you motivated.