5. Stir-fry the beef in 3 or more batches, depending on the size of the pan or wok. Use a little of the oil for each batch, as needed.
6. As each batch of the beef is cooked, remove it from the pan and set it aside.
7. Heat additional oil in the pan and add the salt, ginger, garlic, and scallions. Stir-fry for a few seconds to develop flavor.
8. Add the peppers and stir-fry until lightly cooked but still crisp.
9. Add the stock and toss the vegetables a few times.
■10. Return the meat to the pan. Toss the meat with the vegetables until it is hot and evenly combined with the peppers. Serve at once.
Other vegetables may be used instead of the peppers, such as celery, broccoli, snow peas, green beans, asparagus, mushrooms, bok choy. Or use 2 or 3 fresh vegetables, plus water chestnuts and/or bamboo shoots.
Chicken or pork may be used instead of beef. If chicken is used, cut it into medium dice or batonnet. Also, reduce the quantity of soy sauce to avoid discoloring the light meat of the chicken.
Continue reading here: Costolette di Vitello Ripiene alla Valdostana
Was this article helpful?