1. Marinate under refrigeration (unless product is to be cooked for only a few minutes).
2. Remember: The thicker the product, the longer it takes for the marinade to penetrate.
3. Use an acid-resistant container, such as stainless steel, glass, crockery, or some plastics.
4. Tie spices in a cheesecloth bag (sachet) if easy removal is important.
5. Cover product completely with marinade. When marinating small items for a short time, you may use less liquid, but you must then turn the product frequently for even penetration.
Was this article helpful?