Portions: 25 Portion size: 3 meatballs, 5 oz (150 g) cooked weight
2 floz sauce (60 mL) U.S. Metric Ingredients
10 oz 2 floz
300 g 60 mL
Onion, chopped fine Oil
Sauté the onions in oil until tender but not brown. Cool thoroughly.
10 oz 2 cups 10
300 g 500 mL 10
Dry bread crumbs Milk
2. Combine the bread crumbs with the milk and egg and let soak for 15 minutes.
5 lb 2.5 kg Ground beef
1'/4 lb 625 g Ground pork
2 ^ tsp 12 mL Dried dill weed
'/2 tsp 2 mL Nutmeg
'/2 tsp 2 mL Allspice
2 tbsp 30 g Salt
2 qt 2 L Brown sauce, hot
21/2 cups 625 mL Light cream, hot
1 tsp 5 mL Dried dill weed
Calories, 440; Protein, 27 g; Fat, 29 g (61% cal.); Cholesterol, 180 mg; Carbohydrates, 15 g; Fiber, 1 g; Sodium, 810 mg.
3. Add the cooked onion and the crumb mixture to the meat in a mixing bowl. Add the spices and salt and mix gently until well combined.
4. Portion the meat with a No. 20 scoop into 2-oz (60-g) portions. Roll into balls and place on a sheet pan.
6. Remove meatballs from sheet pan and place in baking pans in a single layer.
7. Add the hot cream and dill to the hot brown sauce and pour over the meatballs.
8. Cover the pans and bake at 325°F (165°C) for 30 minutes, until the meatballs are cooked.
9. Skim fat from sauce.
10. Serve 3 meatballs and 2 fl oz (60 mL) sauce per portion.
Continue reading here: Veal Curry with Mangoes and Cashews
Was this article helpful?