Stuffed Baked Potatoes
Portions: 10 Portion size: 1 potato
U.S. Metric Ingredients
2 oz 4 oz to taste to taste
6G g 1GG mL to taste to taste
Baking potatoes, about
7-8 oz (200-225 g) each Butter, melted Light cream or milk, hot Salt
1. Bake the potatoes according to the basic method.
2. Remove from the oven. Cut a slice off the top of each potato and scoop out the pulp, leaving a shell about î4 in. (V2 cm) thick.
3. Pass the pulp through a food mill or ricer. Beat in the butter and enough cream or milk to make a smooth purée. Season to taste. (Note that this preparation is basically the same as whipped potatoes.)
4. Fill the potato shells with the purée, using a pastry bag or kitchen spoon. (A pastry bag is faster and neater.) Place them on a baking sheet.
S tbsp S tbsp
45 mL 45 mL
Dry bread crumbs Parmesan cheese, grated Butter, melted
Calories, 270; Protein, 5 g; Fat, 10 g (32% cal.); Cholesterol, 30 mg; Carbohydrates, 42 g; Fiber, 4 g; Sodium, 140 mg.
5. Mix the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese and top the potatoes with this mixture. Sprinkle with melted butter.
6. Place in hot oven (400°F/200°C) until potatoes are heated through and tops are browned, about 15 minutes.
Continue reading here: Variations
Was this article helpful?