Yield: 36 pieces, about 1/3 oz (8-10 g) each U.S. Metric Ingredients
3 oz 3 oz to taste to taste
90 g 90 g to taste to taste 20 g
Smoked trout Cream cheese Salt Pepper
1. Remove the skin and any bones from the smoked trout.
2. Place the trout and the cream cheese in the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper if necessary. Mix in the chives.
3. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until needed.
4. Beat the trout mixture to soften. Spread the bread with a thin layer of the trout mixture.
S oz as needed
200-250 g as needed
Smoked salmon, sliced Chervil or parsley for garnish
Per 1 piece:
Calories, 35; Protein, 2 g; Fat, 1.5 g (40% cal.); Cholesterol, 5 mg; Carbohydrates, 3 g; Fiber, 0 g; Sodium, 100 mg..
5. On a sheet of plastic wrap, arrange the smoked salmon slices in a row, overlapping them slightly.
6. Beat the trout mixture and spread onto the smoked salmon. Roll to form a log, twist the ends of the plastic wrap, and knot or secure with kitchen string. Place in the freezer for 10-15 minutes or until firm. Cut into slices '/S in. (1 cm) thick.
7. Trim the crusts of the bread and cut each slice into 4 triangles.
8. Place 1 slice of the trout log cut side up on each triangle. Garnish each piece with a tiny sprig of chervil or a parsley leaf.
Was this article helpful?
Top Low Carb Internet Guru Speaks Out. An Open Letter To Anyone Who Wants To Lose Up To 20 Pounds In 30 Days The 'Low Carb' Way. 30-Day Low Carb Diet 'Ketosis Plan' has already helped scores of people lose their excess pounds and inches faster and easier than they ever thought possible. Why not find out what 30-Day Low Carb Diet 'Ketosis Plan' can do for you by trying it out for yourself.