Smoked Salmon and Trout Logs on Pumpernickel
Yield: 36 pieces, about 1/3 oz (8-10 g) each U.S. Metric Ingredients
3 oz 3 oz to taste to taste
90 g 90 g to taste to taste 20 g
Smoked trout Cream cheese Salt Pepper
1. Remove the skin and any bones from the smoked trout.
2. Place the trout and the cream cheese in the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper if necessary. Mix in the chives.
3. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until needed.
4. Beat the trout mixture to soften. Spread the bread with a thin layer of the trout mixture.
S oz as needed
200-250 g as needed
Smoked salmon, sliced Chervil or parsley for garnish
Per 1 piece:
Calories, 35; Protein, 2 g; Fat, 1.5 g (40% cal.); Cholesterol, 5 mg; Carbohydrates, 3 g; Fiber, 0 g; Sodium, 100 mg..
5. On a sheet of plastic wrap, arrange the smoked salmon slices in a row, overlapping them slightly.
6. Beat the trout mixture and spread onto the smoked salmon. Roll to form a log, twist the ends of the plastic wrap, and knot or secure with kitchen string. Place in the freezer for 10-15 minutes or until firm. Cut into slices '/S in. (1 cm) thick.
7. Trim the crusts of the bread and cut each slice into 4 triangles.
8. Place 1 slice of the trout log cut side up on each triangle. Garnish each piece with a tiny sprig of chervil or a parsley leaf.
Continue reading here: Prosciutto Blue Cheese and Walnut Parcels
Was this article helpful?