Yield:2 qt (2L) Portions: 10 Portion size: 6floz (200 mL) U.S. Metric Ingredients
2 oz 2 oz 1 lb small piece pinch
2 oz 6 oz
30 g 60 g 60 g 500 g small piece pinch
30 g 60 mL 200 mL
Onions, cut brunoise Carrots, cut brunoise Small shrimp, shells on Bay leaf Dried thyme Parsley stems Tomato paste Burnt brandy (see note) White wine
1. Heat the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add the onions and carrots. Sauté until they are lightly browned.
3. Add the shrimp, bay leaf, thyme, and parsley stems. Sauté until the shrimp turn red.
4. Add the tomato paste and stir well.
5. Add the brandy and wine. Simmer until reduced by half.
6. Remove the shrimp. Peel and devein them. Return the shells to the saucepan.
7. Cut the shrimp into small dice and reserve for garnish.
1 qt 1 L Fish velouté 8. Add the fish velouté and stock to the saucepan. Simmer 10-15
1 pt 500 mL Fish stock minutes.
1 cup 250 mL Heavy cream, hot 9. Strain. Return the soup to the saucepan and bring back to a to taste to taste Salt simmer.
to taste to taste White pepper 10. At service time, add the hot cream and the diced shrimp.
Season to taste.
Calories, 220; Protein, 8 g; Fat 17 g (70% cal.); Cholesterol, 110 mg; Carbohydrates, 6 g; Fiber, 0 g; Sodium, 180 mg
Note: Burnt brandy is brandy that has been heated in a saucepan and flamed (carefully) to burn off the alcohol.
Continue reading here: Variations
Was this article helpful?