Portion size: 1 chicken breast, about 4 oz (125 g) 2 floz (60 mL) sauce Metric Ingredients
2 oz lO
to taste to taste 2 oz
60 g lO
to taste to taste 60 g
Clarified butter Boneless, skinless chicken breasts from 5 chickens, 3V2 lb (1.6 kg) each Salt
White pepper Flour for dredging
1. Add enough clarified butter to a sauté pan to just cover the bottom with a thin film. Place on the range over moderate heat.
2. While the pan is heating, season the chicken breasts and dredge in flour. Shake off excess flour.
3. Place the breasts in the hot pan, presentation side (that is, the side that had the skin) down.
4. Sauté over moderate heat until lightly browned and about half cooked. The heat must be regulated so the chicken doesn't brown too fast.
5. Turn the chicken over and complete the cooking.
6. Remove the chicken from the pan and place on hot dinner plates for service. Keep warm.
30 mL 600 mL
Mushrooms (white), sliced Lemon juice Suprême sauce, hot
Calories, 360; Protein, 36 g; Fat, 20 g (51% cal.); Cholesterol, 145 mg; Carbohydrates, 8 g; Fiber, 1 g; Sodium, 200 mg.
7. Add the mushrooms to the pan and sauté briefly. After a few seconds, before the mushrooms start to darken, add the lemon juice. Toss the mushrooms in the pan as they sauté.
8. Add the suprême sauce to the pan and simmer for a few minutes, until reduced to the proper consistency. (The juices from the mushrooms will dilute the sauce.)
9. Ladle 2 fl oz (60 mL) sauce over each portion and serve immediately.
Was this article helpful?
Knife Throwing Techniques of the Ninja. span stylecolor: 000000Do you want to learn the art of throwing knives? Ever wondered how it is done to perfection every time? Well here is your chance. This book contains well over 50 pages of detailed information and illustrations all about the art of knife throwing. This intriguing book focuses on the ninja's techniques and training. This is a must for all martial artists and anyone wanting to learn the knife throwing techniques of the ninja.span