Salmon with an Almond Crust
Portions: 12 Portion size: 5Vi oz (165 g)
U.S. Metric Ingredients
4 oz to taste to taste
125 g to taste to taste
Ground almonds Fresh bread crumbs Chopped parsley Eggs, beaten Butter, softened Salt
1. Mix together the almonds, bread crumbs, and chopped parsley. Add the egg and mix gently.
2. Add the soft butter and mix until incorporated.
3. Season to taste with salt and white pepper.
Salmon fillets Clarified butter Red Wine Butter Sauce for Fish (p. 180)
Calories, 770; Protein, 33 g; Fat, 62 g (72% cal.); Cholesterol, 250 mg; Carbohydrates, 9 g; Fiber, 1 g; Sodium, 590 mg.
4. Cut the salmon fillets into 5-oz (150-g) portions.
5. Pan-fry the salmon in butter, starting with the flesh side down. Brown lightly. Turn over and continue cooking skin side down. Do not cook the fish completely, as it will continue cooking with the almond crust. It should still be somewhat rare inside.
6. Spread a layer of the almond crust mixture over the salmon.
7. Place under a salamander or broiler to brown the crust and finish cooking the salmon. Adjust the height of the broiler rack so the crust is not too browned before the salmon is cooked.
8. Plate the salmon. Ladle the sauce around it, not over it.
Continue reading here: Crab Cakes with Roasted Pepper Rmoulade
Was this article helpful?