1. Use proper proportions of tea and water. One teaspoon (5 mL) loose tea or one single-service tea bag makes a 6-oz (175-mL) cup.
2. Rinse the teapot with hot water to warm it. Use china, glass, or stainless steel. Other metals may give an off flavor.
3. Bring fresh, cold water to a boil. Water that has been kept warm for a time makes flat-tasting tea.
4. Place the loose tea or tea bag in the pot and pour the water directly over it.
5. Let the tea steep 3 to 5 minutes. Then remove the tea bag or strain off the tea from the loose leaves.
Establishments specializing in tea service present the customer with the pot of tea and a pot of hot water so they can dilute the tea to taste.
6. Serve immediately. Tea does not hold well.
Was this article helpful?
Knife Throwing Techniques of the Ninja. span stylecolor: 000000Do you want to learn the art of throwing knives? Ever wondered how it is done to perfection every time? Well here is your chance. This book contains well over 50 pages of detailed information and illustrations all about the art of knife throwing. This intriguing book focuses on the ninja's techniques and training. This is a must for all martial artists and anyone wanting to learn the knife throwing techniques of the ninja.span