Rocedure for Making Hot
1. Use proper proportions of tea and water. One teaspoon (5 mL) loose tea or one single-service tea bag makes a 6-oz (175-mL) cup.
2. Rinse the teapot with hot water to warm it. Use china, glass, or stainless steel. Other metals may give an off flavor.
3. Bring fresh, cold water to a boil. Water that has been kept warm for a time makes flat-tasting tea.
4. Place the loose tea or tea bag in the pot and pour the water directly over it.
5. Let the tea steep 3 to 5 minutes. Then remove the tea bag or strain off the tea from the loose leaves.
Establishments specializing in tea service present the customer with the pot of tea and a pot of hot water so they can dilute the tea to taste.
6. Serve immediately. Tea does not hold well.
Continue reading here: Rocedure for Making Iced
Was this article helpful?