1. Collect equipment and ingredients.
2. Measure the correct amount of water and salt into a pot and bring to a boil. Read package directions for quantities. Using milk or part milk makes a richer cereal, but a more expensive one. Be careful not to scorch the milk if you use it.
3. Measure the correct amount of cereal.
4. Add the cereal slowly, stirring constantly.
5. Stir until some thickening takes place, then stop stirring. Too much stirring makes cereal gummy.
6. Reduce heat to a slow simmer, cover, and cook until desired doneness and consistency are reached. Cooking times vary greatly.
7. Keep covered until service to prevent drying.
Was this article helpful?
What Is The Gluten Free Diet And What You Need To Know Before You Try It. You may have heard the term gluten free, and you may even have a general idea as to what it means to eat a gluten free diet. Most people believe this type of diet is a curse for those who simply cannot tolerate the protein known as gluten, as they will never be able to eat any food that contains wheat, rye, barley, malts, or triticale.