Rocedure for Cooking Whole Cracked or Flaked Cereals
1. Collect equipment and ingredients.
2. Measure the correct amount of water and salt into a pot and bring to a boil. Read package directions for quantities. Using milk or part milk makes a richer cereal, but a more expensive one. Be careful not to scorch the milk if you use it.
3. Measure the correct amount of cereal.
4. Add the cereal slowly, stirring constantly.
5. Stir until some thickening takes place, then stop stirring. Too much stirring makes cereal gummy.
6. Reduce heat to a slow simmer, cover, and cook until desired doneness and consistency are reached. Cooking times vary greatly.
7. Keep covered until service to prevent drying.
Continue reading here: Bacon
Was this article helpful?