1. Collect all equipment and food supplies.
2. Prepare and season fish (whole, steaks, fillets) as directed in the recipe.
3. Place the fish on oiled or buttered baking sheets. Brush tops with oil or butter. Alternative method: Dip fish in oil or melted butter to coat both sides. Place on baking sheets.
4. Apply toppings, if desired. Examples: seasoned bread crumbs, lemon slices, mushrooms or other vegetable garnish, and sauces.
5. Bake at 350° to 400°F (175° to 200°C) until done. If the fish is lean and has no moist topping, baste with oil or butter during baking.
Was this article helpful?