2 lb 2 lb 112 qt 112 qt to taste to taste
Portion size: S floz (250 mL) Ingredients
Whole heads of garlic, separated into cloves and peeled Onion, peeled and chopped Potato, peeled and diced Milk
1. Heat the butter in a heavy saucepot over a medium heat. Cook the garlic cloves until golden brown, stirring to color evenly. If desired, start the cooking on top of the stove and finish in the oven at 375°F (190°C),stirring from time to time.
2. Add the onions and stir for 2-3 minutes. Add the potato and sweat the mixture without letting the vegetables brown, stirring to prevent the potatoes from sticking. Cook until the onion is soft.
3. Add the milk and the stock. Bring to a boil. Simmer until the potatoes are soft enough to crush, 30-40 minutes.
4. Pass the soup through a food mill or purée in a blender. Pour into a clean saucepot and season to taste with salt and pepper.
7 fl oz 200 mL Olive oil
7 oz 200 g Pitted black olives, finely chopped 12 slices 12 slices French bread
Calories, 470; Protein, 10 g, Fat, 29 g (54% cal.); Cholesterol, 35 mg; Carbohydrates, 45 g; Fiber, 4 g; Sodium, 430 mg.
5. Add the olive oil to the finely chopped olives to bind them as a thick, spreadable paste.
6. Toast the slices of French bread on each side. Spread one side with the olive mixture.
7. At service time, bring the soup back to a simmer. If necessary, thin the soup with a little stock to achieve the correct consistency. Serve 1 crostino per person with the soup.
Was this article helpful?
Knife Throwing Techniques of the Ninja. span stylecolor: 000000Do you want to learn the art of throwing knives? Ever wondered how it is done to perfection every time? Well here is your chance. This book contains well over 50 pages of detailed information and illustrations all about the art of knife throwing. This intriguing book focuses on the ninja's techniques and training. This is a must for all martial artists and anyone wanting to learn the knife throwing techniques of the ninja.span