1. Explain how complementary proteins enable vegans to get enough protein in their diet without eating animal products.
2. What vitamin is most difficult for vegans to get in their diet? Why is it difficult? What are alternative sources for this vitamin?
3. Considering them as sources of protein, what makes soybeans, amaranth, and quinoa unique among foods from plants?
4. Name and describe the three main types of tofu.
5. What is TVP? Describe how to prepare it for use in recipes.
Was this article helpful?