Potatoes au Gratin
Portions: 25 Portion size: 6 oz (175 g)
U.S. Metric Ingredients
150 mL 10 mL
Cheddar Cheese Sauce
(p. 171), hot Dry bread crumbs Paprika
Butter, melted (optional)
Calories, 190; Protein, 7 g; Fat, 6 g (29% cal.); Cholesterol, 20 mg; Carbohydrates, 26 g; Fiber, 2 g; Sodium, 150 mg.
Note: Cream sauce may be used instead of cheese sauce. Grated cheese (cheddar or parmesan) may be sprinkled over the potatoes before topping them with bread crumbs.
1. Scrub the potatoes and simmer or steam them until tender but still firm.
2. Drain and spread on sheet pan to cool.
3. When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel and cut them into uniform 3/8-in. (1-cm) dice.
4. Combine with the hot cheese sauce in a baking pan.
5. Mix the bread crumbs and paprika and sprinkle over the potatoes. Drizzle the butter evenly over the top.
6. Bake at 350°F (175°C) about 30 minutes, until hot and browned.
Continue reading here: Anna Potatoes
Was this article helpful?