Portions: 25 Portion size: 6 oz (175 g)
U.S. Metric Ingredients
150 mL 10 mL
Cheddar Cheese Sauce
(p. 171), hot Dry bread crumbs Paprika
Butter, melted (optional)
Calories, 190; Protein, 7 g; Fat, 6 g (29% cal.); Cholesterol, 20 mg; Carbohydrates, 26 g; Fiber, 2 g; Sodium, 150 mg.
Note: Cream sauce may be used instead of cheese sauce. Grated cheese (cheddar or parmesan) may be sprinkled over the potatoes before topping them with bread crumbs.
1. Scrub the potatoes and simmer or steam them until tender but still firm.
2. Drain and spread on sheet pan to cool.
3. When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel and cut them into uniform 3/8-in. (1-cm) dice.
4. Combine with the hot cheese sauce in a baking pan.
5. Mix the bread crumbs and paprika and sprinkle over the potatoes. Drizzle the butter evenly over the top.
6. Bake at 350°F (175°C) about 30 minutes, until hot and browned.
Was this article helpful?
Top Low Carb Internet Guru Speaks Out. An Open Letter To Anyone Who Wants To Lose Up To 20 Pounds In 30 Days The 'Low Carb' Way. 30-Day Low Carb Diet 'Ketosis Plan' has already helped scores of people lose their excess pounds and inches faster and easier than they ever thought possible. Why not find out what 30-Day Low Carb Diet 'Ketosis Plan' can do for you by trying it out for yourself.