Yield: about 4O pieces U.S. Metric
1. Wash the rice in several changes of cold water. Drain. Add enough fresh water to cover by 1 in. (2V2 cm). Let soak for at least 30 minutes.
1 fl oz
2 tsp 2
1 fl oz
1 fl oz
2 tsp 112 tsp
10 mL 2
Cornstarch Water, cold Ground pork Scallions, minced Water chestnuts, minced Minced fresh ginger root Eggs, beaten Soy sauce
Sherry or shaoxing wine
Per 1 piece:
Calories, 70; Protein, 5 g; Fat, 3.5 g (49% cal.); Cholesterol, 25 mg; Carbohydrates, 3 g; Fiber, 0 g; Sodium, 145 mg.
2. Mix together the cornstarch and water.
3. Combine all ingredients except the glutinous rice and mix together.
4. Form the meat mixture into small meatballs, about 1 oz (30 g) each.
5. Drain the rice. Roll the balls in the rice so that they are well coated.
6. Line a rack or perforated steamer pan with cheesecloth. Arrange the meatballs in the pan, allowing about 12 in. (1-2 cm) between them.
7. Steam for 30-45 minutes, until the rice is translucent and the pork is done.
Was this article helpful?
WHAT IT IS A three-phase plan that has been likened to the low-carbohydrate Atkins program because during the first two weeks, South Beach eliminates most carbs, including bread, pasta, potatoes, fruit and most dairy products. In PHASE 2, healthy carbs, including most fruits, whole grains and dairy products are gradually reintroduced, but processed carbs such as bagels, cookies, cornflakes, regular pasta and rice cakes remain on the list of foods to avoid or eat rarely.