Portions: 24 Portion size: 5 oz (150 g)
U.S. Metric Ingredients
Flank steak (5 steaks) Marinade: Vegetable oil Lemon juice Salt
Black pepper Dried thyme
2. Combine the marinade ingredients in a hotel pan. Place the steaks in the pan and turn them so they are coated with oil. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
3. Remove the meat from the marinade and place in a preheated broiler or grill. Broil at high heat about 3-5 minutes on each side, until well browned outside but rare inside (see note).
4. Remove from broiler and let rest 2 minutes before slicing.
5. Slice the meat very thin on a sharp angle across the grain (see Figure 11.7).
Mushroom Sauce (brown) (p. 175)
Calories, 520; Protein, 41 g; Fat, 37 g (65% cal.); Cholesterol, 110 mg; Carbohydrates, 3 g; Fiber, 0 g; Sodium, 370 mg.
Note: Flank steak should be broiled rare. If cooked well done, it will be tough and dry.
Slicing London broil flank steak.
6. Weigh 5-oz (150-g) portions. Serve each portion with 2 oz (60 mL) sauce.
Was this article helpful?
Knife Throwing Techniques of the Ninja. span stylecolor: 000000Do you want to learn the art of throwing knives? Ever wondered how it is done to perfection every time? Well here is your chance. This book contains well over 50 pages of detailed information and illustrations all about the art of knife throwing. This intriguing book focuses on the ninja's techniques and training. This is a must for all martial artists and anyone wanting to learn the knife throwing techniques of the ninja.span