Portion size: 1h lobster Metric
Live lobster, about
112 (700 g) Butter, softened
2 fl oz
1 tbsp 12 tsp
2 oz 1 tbsp 14 tsp pinch
60 g 15 mL 1 mL pinch
Finally chopped shallot Finally chopped garlic Brandy White wine Fish stock Tomato concassé or
Tomato purée Chopped parsley Dried tarragon Cayenne
Calories, 340; Protein, 7 g; Fat, 26 g (67% cal); Cholesterol, 50 mg; Carbohydrates, 5 g; Fiber, 1 g; Sodium, 230 mg.
3. Heat the oil in a sauté pan and add the lobster pieces. Sauté over high heat until the shells turn red.
4. Drain off the oil by tilting the pan and holding the lobster in with the pan lid.
5. Add the shallot and garlic to the pan. Sauté for a few seconds.
6. Remove from the heat (to avoid burning yourself if the brandy flares up) and add the brandy. Return to the heat and add the wine, fish stock, tomato, chopped parsley, tarragon, and cayenne.
7. Cover the pan and simmer until the lobster is cooked, about 10-15 minutes.
8. Remove the lobster from the cooking liquid and place it on a serving platter or in broad soup plates for service. The meat may be left in the shell or removed from the shell, as desired.
9. Reduce the cooking liquid over high heat to about 6 oz (175 mL).
10. Remove from the heat and stir in the mixture of butter, tomalley, and coral from step 2. Heat the sauce gently for a minute, but do not boil or it will curdle. Adjust the seasoning.
11. Strain the sauce and pour it over the lobster. Serve immediately.
Continue reading here: Variations
Was this article helpful?