1. Meat glaze, or glace de viande (glahss duh vee awnd)—made from brown stock.
2. Chicken glaze, or glace de volaille (voh lye)—made from chicken stock.
3. Fish glaze, or glace de poisson (pwah sohn)—made from fish stock.
Pr rocedure for Preparing Glazes
1. Reduce the stock over moderate heat.
3. When reduced by half to two-thirds, strain into a smaller, heavy saucepan and continue to reduce over lower heat until it is syrupy and coats a spoon.
4. Pour into containers, cool, cover, and refrigerate.
5. Glazes will keep for several weeks or longer if properly stored. They may also be frozen.
Was this article helpful?
What Is The Gluten Free Diet And What You Need To Know Before You Try It. You may have heard the term gluten free, and you may even have a general idea as to what it means to eat a gluten free diet. Most people believe this type of diet is a curse for those who simply cannot tolerate the protein known as gluten, as they will never be able to eat any food that contains wheat, rye, barley, malts, or triticale.