Yield: 1 portion U.S.
Metric as needed 1 2
4 floz 1 oz
Ingredients as needed 1 2
Vegetable oil Corn tortilla Eggs
Salsa Roja (p. 190) Monterey jack or fresh Mexican white cheese, grated or crumbled
2. Fry the tortilla briefly in the oil, turning it once, until softened.
3. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels.
4. Fry the eggs sunny side up or basted, following the procedure on page 792.
5. Place the tortilla on a warm dinner plate.
6. Top with the eggs.
7. Ladle the sauce over the whites of the eggs, leaving the yolks uncovered.
8. Top with the grated cheese.
9. If desired, add a portion of Frijoles Refritos (p. 611) to the plate.
Calories, 400; Protein, 22 g; Fat, 27 g (60% cal.); Cholesterol, 450 mg; Carbohydrates, 19 g; Fiber, 3 g; Sodium, 340 mg.
Was this article helpful?
Acai, Maqui And Many Other Popular Berries That Will Change Your Life And Health. Berries have been demonstrated to be some of the healthiest foods on the planet. Each month or so it seems fresh research is being brought out and new berries are being exposed and analyzed for their health giving attributes.