Yield: 1 portion U.S.
Metric as needed 1 2
4 floz 1 oz
Ingredients as needed 1 2
Vegetable oil Corn tortilla Eggs
Salsa Roja (p. 190) Monterey jack or fresh Mexican white cheese, grated or crumbled
2. Fry the tortilla briefly in the oil, turning it once, until softened.
3. Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels.
4. Fry the eggs sunny side up or basted, following the procedure on page 792.
5. Place the tortilla on a warm dinner plate.
6. Top with the eggs.
7. Ladle the sauce over the whites of the eggs, leaving the yolks uncovered.
8. Top with the grated cheese.
9. If desired, add a portion of Frijoles Refritos (p. 611) to the plate.
Calories, 400; Protein, 22 g; Fat, 27 g (60% cal.); Cholesterol, 450 mg; Carbohydrates, 19 g; Fiber, 3 g; Sodium, 340 mg.
Continue reading here: Shirred Egg Variations
Was this article helpful?