1. Mix the sugar and cornstarch in a stainless-steel bowl.
2. Add the eggs and beat until the mixture is smooth.
1 cup 1 cup cup
250 mL 250 mL 125 mL
Pineapple juice Orange juice Lemon juice
3. Heat the fruit juices in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
4. Gradually beat the hot juices into the egg mixture.
5. Return the mixture to the saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
6. When the mixture has thickened, immediately pour it out into a stainless-steel bowl or bain-marie and chill.
1 cup 250 mL Sour cream 7. Beat the sour cream into the chilled fruit mixture.
Per 1 ounce:
Calories, 60; Protein, 1 g; Fat, 2 g (31% cal.); Cholesterol, 30 mg; Carbohydrates, 9 g; Fiber, 0 g; Sodium, 10 mg.
Was this article helpful?