Yield: about 36 crêpes
U.S. Metric Ingredients
8 oz 250 g Flour
1 tsp 5 g Salt
6 6 Eggs
1 pt 500 mL Milk
112 oz 50 g Browned butter as needed as needed Oil
Calories, 70; Protein, 2 g; Fat, 4 g (53% cal.); Cholesterol, 40 mg; Carbohydrates, 6 g; Fiber, 0 g; Sodium, 90 mg.
1. Whisk together the flour, salt, and eggs. Gradually mix in the milk to make a smooth batter, about the consistency of heavy cream.
2. Strain the batter through a fine sieve and whisk in the browned butter.
3. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside to rest at least 30 minutes at room temperature.
4. Heat a 512-in. (14-cm) crêpe pan over moderate heat. Lightly oil the pan. Add about 2-3 tbsp (30-45 mL) batter and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan with a thin layer; pour any excess batter back into the bowl. Cook until the edges are brown and the bottom is golden. Flip over and cook another minute.
5. Place the crêpe on a wire rack to cool. Repeat the procedure to make additional crêpes, overlapping but not stacking them on the rack.
Was this article helpful?