Crab Beignets with Lime and Ginger Chutney
Yield: 36pieces, about3A oz (20-22 g) each
U.S. Metric Ingredients
3 oz 90 g Flour
2»/2 oz 70 g Potato starch
1 tsp 6 g Baking powder pinch pinch Salt
2 tsp 10 mL Oil
5 fl oz 150 mL Water
1M oz 50 g Onion, chopped fine
1 tbsp 15 mL Olive oil
134 oz 50 g Red bell pepper, cut brunoise
1 1 Egg
3 tbsp plus 1 tsp 50 mL Heavy cream
12 oz 15 g Chives, chopped fine
6 oz 175 g Crabmeat
6 oz 175 g Fresh bread crumbs
8 oz 250 g Lime and Ginger
Per 1 piece:
Calories, 60; Protein, 2 g; Fat, 2 g (33% cal.); Cholesterol, 10 mg; Carbohydrates, 7 g; Fiber, 0 g; Sodium, 65 mg.
3. Sweat the onion in the olive oil.
4. Add the brunoise of red pepper and sweat with the onion until soft.
5. Set aside in a large bowl to cool.
6. Beat the egg with the cream and add to the cooled onion and pepper mixture. Add the chives and mix well.
7. Stir in the crab, then add the fresh bread crumbs. Mix well and season to taste.
8. Make the mixture into tightly packed balls of about V2 oz (18 g) each.
9. Dip in the batter and deep-fry at 400°F (200°C) until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Remove and place on paper towels to drain.
10. Serve with the Lime and Ginger Chutney on the side.
Continue reading here: Mushrooms Stuffed with Tapenade
Was this article helpful?