Portion size: 3 oz (90 g) meat
2 oz (60 g) vegetables 4 floz (125 mL) sauce Metric Ingredients
12 oz 12 oz 12 oz 12 oz 3 qt to taste to taste 2 tsp 25
to taste to taste 10 mL 25
Cooked chicken or turkey meat (light and dark meat) Potatoes, medium dice Carrots, medium dice Tiny white onions, peeled Peas
Dried tarragon Flaky pie pastry covers (p. 980)
Calories, 520; Protein, 25 g; Fat, 32 g (55% cal.); Cholesterol, 80 mg; Carbohydrates, 34 g; Fiber, 5 g; Sodium, 430 mg.
1. Cut the chicken or turkey into M in. (1-cm) dice.
2. Cook the vegetables separately in boiling salted water. Drain and cool.
3. Season the velouté to taste with salt and pepper. Add the tarragon.
4. Prepare the pastry and cut out circles to cover the tops of casserole serving dishes. You will need about 2 oz (60 g) pastry per portion.
5. Divide the light and dark meat evenly among individual serving casseroles (3 oz/ 90 g per portion).
6. Divide the vegetables evenly among the casseroles (about '/2 oz/15 g per portion of each vegetable).
7. Ladle about 4 fl oz (125 mL) velouté into each casserole.
8. Top the dishes with the pastry. Cut holes in the centers to allow steam to escape.
9. Place the dishes on a sheet pan. Bake at 400°F (200°C) until the crust is well browned.
Was this article helpful?