U.S. Metric Ingredients
15-20 250 mL
Garlic cloves Olive oil
1. Cut the garlic cloves crosswise into thick slices.
2. Heat the oil in a small sauté pan over moderate heat. Add the garlic and sauté gently until light golden brown. Do not allow the garlic to become too dark, or it will be bitter.
3. Remove the browned garlic with a slotted spoon. Reserve the garlic and the oil separately.
10 10 Mako shark steaks, about 6 oz (175 g) each to taste to taste Salt to taste to taste Pepper
4 fl oz 125 mL Olive oil
2 fl oz 60 mL Red wine vinegar to taste to taste Salt to taste to taste Pepper
2 tbsp 30 mL Chopped parsley
Calories, 530; Protein, 36 g; Fat, 42 g (71 % cal.); Cholesterol, 85 mg; Carbohydrates, 2 g; Fiber, 0 g; Sodium, 135 mg.
4. Brush the shark steaks with about half the garlic-flavored oil from step 3. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Place the steaks on a heated broiler or grill and broil until just done. Do not overcook or the steaks will be dry.
6. Beat the remaining oil from step 3 with the additional oil and the vinegar to make a basic vinaigrette. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. Plate the shark steaks and top with the browned garlic from step 3. Drizzle about 1 fl oz (30 mL) vinaigrette around the fish. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Substitute other firm fish steaks, such as swordfish or tuna, for the shark.
Was this article helpful?