Portions: as needed Portion size: 5-6 oz (150-175 g)
Ingredients as needed as needed Fish steaks, 5-6 oz
(150-175 g) each (see note) to taste to taste Salt to taste to taste White pepper as needed as needed Oil or melted butter
1. Season the steaks with salt and pepper.
2. Place the oil or melted butter in a small pan. Dip both sides of the steaks in it to coat completely.
3. Place on the rack of a preheated broiler. Broil under medium heat until half cooked. Turn over with a spatula. At this point, it may be necessary to brush the tops of the steaks with more oil or butter if they are becoming dry.
4. Complete the cooking on the second side.
as needed as needed Maître d'hôtel butter as needed as needed Lemon wedges
Calories, 320; Protein, 27 g; Fat, 22 g (63% cal.); Cholesterol, 105 mg; Carbohydrates, 2 g; Fiber, 1 g; Sodium, 2460 mg.
Note: Salmon, tuna, and swordfish steaks are ideal for broiling, but they are also expensive. Other fish steaks that may be broiled include cod, haddock, halibut, king mackerel, and large bluefish.
Fillets may also be broiled using this recipe if they are thick or firm enough to avoid breaking up on the grill.
5. Plate the fish. Place a slice of seasoned butter on top of each steak. Garnish the plate with a lemon wedge. Serve immediately.
For lean white fish (halibut, cod, etc.), dredge in flour and shake off excess before dipping in the melted butter or oil. Broil as in basic recipe.
Other compound butters may be used in place of maître d'hôtel butter.
For fat fish, omit the butter and serve the fish with a small quantity of flavorful vinaigrette.
Was this article helpful?
Knife Throwing Techniques of the Ninja. span stylecolor: 000000Do you want to learn the art of throwing knives? Ever wondered how it is done to perfection every time? Well here is your chance. This book contains well over 50 pages of detailed information and illustrations all about the art of knife throwing. This intriguing book focuses on the ninja's techniques and training. This is a must for all martial artists and anyone wanting to learn the knife throwing techniques of the ninja.span