Portions: 10 U.S.
Portion size: 1/i chicken Metric
4 floz to taste to taste
125 mL to taste to taste
Broiler chickens, about
2 lb (900 g) each Melted butter (or oil) Salt Pepper
Calories, 600; Protein, 59 g; Fat, 39 g (60% cal.); Cholesterol, 215 mg; Carbohydrates, 0 g; Fiber, 0 g; Sodium, 270 mg.
1. Split the chickens in half and prepare for broiling, as shown in Figure 12.4.
2. Brush the chickens on both sides with melted butter. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Place the chickens skin side down on broiler rack (or on grill). Broil at moderately low heat until the chicken is half cooked and well browned on one side.
4. Turn the chickens over. (Use tongs or fork, but do not pierce the flesh with the fork.) Continue to broil until the chicken is done (no pink near thigh bone) and well browned on second side. (See first variation below for oven method.)
5. Remove from broiler. To serve, place half a chicken on dinner plate, skin side up.
Was this article helpful?