1. Starch base,such as bread or rice.
2. Aromatic vegetables, generally onions and celery.
3. Fat, such as butter or chicken fat, for sauteing the vegetables and for providing richness.
Dressings for chicken and turkey, which are lean, may require more fat than dressings for duck and goose, which are fatty.
4. Liquid, usually stock, to provide moisture.
5. Seasonings,herbs,and spices.
6. Eggs, sometimes added as a binder but not always necessary.
7. Other ingredients for flavor, character, and bulk, such as: Sausage Chestnuts
Was this article helpful?
Make a plan If you want to lose weight, you need to make a plan for it. Planning involves setting your goals both short term and long term ones. With proper planning, you would be able to have an effective guide on the steps that you want to take, towards losing pounds of weight. Aside from that, it would also keep you motivated.