Portions: 16 Portion size: 6 oz (175 g)
U.S. Metric Ingredients
90 g 450 g
125-175 mL to taste 4-8
Cooked rice, cold Oil
Cooked meat (cut into shreds) or seafood (flaked or sliced) Scallions, sliced thin Vegetables (see variations), shredded or small dice Soy sauce (optional) Salt
Calories, 280; Protein, 11 g; Fat, 10 g (33% cal); Cholesterol, 70 mg; Carbohydrates, 35 g; Fiber, 2 g; Sodium, 35 mg.
2. Divide the rice and other ingredients into two or more batches, depending on the size of the pan or wok. Do no more than 1-2 lb (0.5-1 kg) rice at one time. If you fry too much at once, it will not fry properly.
3. Heat a small amount of oil in the wok. Add the meat and stir-fry 1-2 minutes.
4. Add the scallions and stir-fry for 1 minute.
5. Add any raw vegetables and stir-fry until almost done.
6. Add the rice and stir-fry until it is hot and lightly coated with oil.
7. Add any cooked vegetables and mix in.
9. Add beaten egg and mix in. Stir-fry lightly to cook the egg, then serve.
Was this article helpful?
WHAT IT IS A three-phase plan that has been likened to the low-carbohydrate Atkins program because during the first two weeks, South Beach eliminates most carbs, including bread, pasta, potatoes, fruit and most dairy products. In PHASE 2, healthy carbs, including most fruits, whole grains and dairy products are gradually reintroduced, but processed carbs such as bagels, cookies, cornflakes, regular pasta and rice cakes remain on the list of foods to avoid or eat rarely.