Portions: 16 Portion size: 6 oz (175 g)
U.S. Metric Ingredients
90 g 450 g
125-175 mL to taste 4-8
Cooked rice, cold Oil
Cooked meat (cut into shreds) or seafood (flaked or sliced) Scallions, sliced thin Vegetables (see variations), shredded or small dice Soy sauce (optional) Salt
Calories, 280; Protein, 11 g; Fat, 10 g (33% cal); Cholesterol, 70 mg; Carbohydrates, 35 g; Fiber, 2 g; Sodium, 35 mg.
2. Divide the rice and other ingredients into two or more batches, depending on the size of the pan or wok. Do no more than 1-2 lb (0.5-1 kg) rice at one time. If you fry too much at once, it will not fry properly.
3. Heat a small amount of oil in the wok. Add the meat and stir-fry 1-2 minutes.
4. Add the scallions and stir-fry for 1 minute.
5. Add any raw vegetables and stir-fry until almost done.
6. Add the rice and stir-fry until it is hot and lightly coated with oil.
7. Add any cooked vegetables and mix in.
9. Add beaten egg and mix in. Stir-fry lightly to cook the egg, then serve.
Was this article helpful?