Portions: 24 Portion size: 1U chicken
US_Metric_Ingredients_ ■ Procedure
6 6 Chickens 3 lb (1.4 kg) each 1. Cut the chickens into 8 pieces each.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan. Brown the chickens on all sides. Transfer the pieces to a brazier as they are browned. Drain off and discard about one-third of the fat in the pan.
1 lb 500 g Onion, small dice
1 lb 500 g Green bell peppers, medium dice
4 tsp 20 mL Garlic, chopped fine
2 tsp 10 mL Paprika
1 qt 1 L Long-grain rice, raw
3 pt 1.5 L Chicken stock
2 lb 900 g Fresh tomatoes, 1-in.
1V2 lb 700 g Canned tomatoes, diced to taste to taste Salt to taste to taste Pepper
3. Place the onion, green pepper, and garlic in the sauté pan in which the chicken was browned. Sauté over medium heat until the vegetables are almost tender.
4. Add the paprika and rice and stir until the grains are coated with fat.
5. Add the stock and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Season the liquid to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Pour the contents of the pan over the chicken in the brazier. Cover and place in a 325°F (165°C) oven until the rice and chicken are cooked, about 20-30 minutes.
154 lb 600 g Frozen peas, thawed 7. At service time, stir in the peas and garnish the top with
4 oz 125 g Pimientos, cut into thin strips pimiento strips.
Calories, 580; Protein, 49 g; Fat, 26 g (41% cal.); Cholesterol, 145 mg; Carbohydrates, 35 g; Fiber, 3 g; Sodium, 160 mg.
Was this article helpful?
What Is The Gluten Free Diet And What You Need To Know Before You Try It. You may have heard the term gluten free, and you may even have a general idea as to what it means to eat a gluten free diet. Most people believe this type of diet is a curse for those who simply cannot tolerate the protein known as gluten, as they will never be able to eat any food that contains wheat, rye, barley, malts, or triticale.