1. Crush the garlic to a fine paste with the salt.
2. Add the egg yolks and beat until thoroughly combined.
3. A few drops at a time, begin adding the olive oil, beating constantly. Do not add the oil any faster than it can be absorbed.
4. After about half the oil is added, the mixture will be very stiff. Add a few drops of the lemon juice at this point.
5. Continue adding the remaining oil gradually. From time to time, add a few more drops of the lemon juice. The finished aioli should be like a stiff mayonnaise. Adjust the seasoning with additional salt if necessary.
Continue reading here: Horseradish Sauce Sauce Raifort
Was this article helpful?