Plantago ovata, P. psyllium Facilitates excretion of toxins
Soluble fiber of the type found in psyllium husks is especially beneficial when you're detoxing because it forms a gel-like substance in the intestines, trapping toxic compounds so they can be excreted. 0 DOS VGE Psyllium husks are available in tablets, capsules and soluble powders, and should be taken according to the manufacturer's instructions. A teaspoon of powdered husks can also be sprinkled on fruit or breakfast cereal once a day. Take every dose of psyllium with a large glass of water.
• Most people can safely undergo a gentle detox program by adopting a diet of fresh fruit and vegetables, drinking plenty of water, and avoiding caffeine, cigarettes, alcohol and processed foods for a few days However, transient side effects do sometimes occur during a detox These include gastrointestinal disturbances, headaches, joint and muscle pain, fatigue and skin rashes.
• The following people should not undergo detox regimens or take the herbs listed on this page except under the supervision of an appropriately qualified healthcare
professional: children, teenagers, pregnant and breastfeeding women; people with chronic illness, diabetes, diagnosed intestine, kidney, liver or gallbladder disease; cancer patients; people taking prescribed medications; people with a history of eating disorders or alcohol or drug abuse; people who have had a higher than normal exposure to toxins (for example, through occupational exposure).
• Don't use dandelion leaf if you are allergic to members of the Asteraceae family of plants (for example, daisies, echinacea and chrysanthemums) or are taking potassium-sparing diuretics or ACE inhibitors.
• Psyllium may interfere with the absorption of other medicines, so separate doses by
• Always drink lots of water when using psyllium, because cases of choking have occasionally been reported m people taking psyllium powders without adequate fluids.
• Do not use any of these herbs if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, except under the advice of a healthcare professional.
Tension and stress
It you are feeling the pressure of too much to do in too little time, these herbs may help you to cope.
Continue reading here: Korean ginseng
Was this article helpful?