2 tsp small cauliflower, cut into florets broccoli, cut into florets lemon juice olive oil garlic, minced fresh parsley, chopped
1. Steam broccoli and cauliflower until tender (about 10 minutes).
2. In small saucepan, mix the lemon juice, oil, and garlic, and cook over low heat for 2 or 3 minutes.
3. Put vegetables in serving dish. Pour lemon sauce over them. Garnish with parsley.
This heart healthy sauce uses lemon juice and herbs for a tangy taste.
Yield: 6 servings Serving size: 1/2 cup Each serving provides:
Calories: 22 Total fat: 2 g
A bit of margarine and some orange juice make this dish sweet.
1 /4 C brown sugar, packed
1 tsp flour, sifted
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 /4 tsp ground nutmeg
1 /4 tsp orange peel
1 tsp soft tub margarine
1/2 C orange juice
1. Cut yams in half and boil until tender but firm (about 20 minutes). When cool enough to handle, peel and slice into 1/4-inch thickness.
2. Combine sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and grated orange peel.
3. Place half of sliced yams in medium-size casserole dish. Sprinkle with spiced sugar mixture.
4. Dot with half the amount of margarine.
5. Add second layer of yams, using the rest of the ingredients in the same Yield: 6 servings order as above. Add orange juice. Smmg sto: 1/4 cup
6. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes in oven that was preheated to 350 °F.
Each serving provides:
Calories: 110 Total fat: less than 1 g Saturated fat: less than 1 g Cholesterol: 0 mg Sodium: 115 mg Total fiber: 2 g Protein: 1 g Carbohydrates: 25 g Potassium: 344 mg
4 (2 lb) large potatoes
8 C ice water
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp white pepper
1 /4 tsp allspice
1 tsp hot pepper flakes
Was this article helpful?